Email marketing is powerful marketing tool. Email marketing allows you to stay in touch with your customers by regularly sending them news, specials or promotions, or content. It helps to build relationship with your customers and help drive repeat visits to your business.
You should try to collect customers’ and prospects’ email addresses at every opportunity and touch points (on your your website or in your shop/store).
An email costs you almost nothing. By using an “autoresponder” service, you can send an email to your list of prospects and customers automatically.
How to Motivate Your Prospects And Clients to Sign Up
To get people to sign up, you’d need to give them incentives such as offering them coupons, discounts, or specials.
Just mention these incentives and encourage your prospects and customers to give you their emails on your website, at the cashier checkout, and other touch points.
For example, if you have a restaurant, you can instruct your waiter/waitress to ask for the customer’s email in exchange for a free dessert coupon on their next visit. You should also mention what they expect to receive in future emails, such as more special offers, educational content, or product updates.
This is called “permission” email marketing, which means that you only e-mail people that give you permission to e-mail them. It’s important that you never send mass, unsolicited emails to people. Doing so is ineffective and may lead to legal troubles for your business.
Email Marketing Best Practices
- Craft a clear and compelling subject line – It’s a fact that each one of us gets bombarded with all kinds of emails every day. To stand out, make sure you have a clear and compelling subject line. You can use this formula for an email subject line, “topic : benefits or values from the topic”.
- At the beginning of your email relationship, focus on providing a lot of offers and values. Reward them early for providing their emails.
- Segment your customers and send customized marketing messages to each target group. You may segment your customers based on behavior or demographics information. For example, you could create a segment for your most loyal customers and only send special offers to that group.
Why Use Email Marketing Software?
Email marketing softwares allow you to easily create and send bulk emails with their suite of templates and designs.
Additionally, most email marketing software include the following features and options:
- Reporting, analytics and tracking abilities.
- Professionally designed templates.
- WYSIWYG editor
- Autoresponder service – An autoresponder automatically send a series of emails upon a certain action by a user (i.e. user sign up for a newsletter on the website).
- Ability to manage lists.
- Ability to import contact list from Excel.
The Best Email Software for Small Business
Here are some good email software/services to use for your small business. These email solutions have the best delivery rate and have powerful features.